Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross section problems

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
emmar0001
446 Views, 3 Replies

Cross section problems

I did a cross-section for a walkway but got the attached output. There are a number of problems I can't seem to solve:

1 - The walkway is way too small to be seen, I tried adjusting the offsets but to no avail

2 - I would like to change vertical and horizontal scale gradations

Can anyone help?

C3D 2010
Intel Core 2, Windows XP
2.67GHz, 3GB RAM
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ArchD
in reply to: emmar0001

To get gradations on the axis, go to your section style in use. See attached.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by it being small. Do you mean it's small compared to the section view? Does it measure correctly?

If so, Setting the tick intervals shown in the attached plus changing your grid padding found on the grid tab of your styles dialog box, along with setting your annotation scale should make everything proportional.

Hope I read you right. 

Archie Dodge
Applications Expert - Infrastructure Solutions Division
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 3 of 4
emmar0001
in reply to: ArchD

Thanks ArchD - I tried it an it seems to work, your advice was very helpful. Got another problem cropping up though - when I create the new cross section, some of the horizontal elevation lines extend way past the cross section (as shown). Any ideas?

C3D 2010
Intel Core 2, Windows XP
2.67GHz, 3GB RAM
Message 4 of 4
ArchD
in reply to: emmar0001

Glad to have helped.

As for those lines, that's strange since it's only a few of them out of the grid. When you select one, is it the section view being selected? Maybe it's part of a label set, or a data band, although I doubt the latter since it's not on top or bottom of the grid.

Also, make sure your right and left axis are set the same. I sometimes forget to set the right one and strange things happen. You can also go into your display tab, maybe something there is turned on that you are not needing.

It doesn't seem like you have any padding to the right or left, so I don't think that would be it.

Archie Dodge
Applications Expert - Infrastructure Solutions Division
IMAGINiT Technologies

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report