Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Section Elevation Labels

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rainmanoliver1
5017 Views, 2 Replies

Cross Section Elevation Labels

Hi All, 

Attached is a pdf showing the issue I'm having with the way elevations labels appear on the outside edges of cross sections. 

Issue #1:

I added the dimension to show that the bottom of the cross section is actually at 97.5 but is labeled as 98

Issue #2:

I would prefer the bottom of the cross section to be at an even elevation (98 not 97.5)

Anyone have a solution for one or both of these?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gjrcmb
in reply to: rainmanoliver1

Based on my observations, I am seeing the following:

Item 1:

The elevation label precision is controlled by the Section View Style and the Vertical Axis Tick Label Text.  So if you want to change this setting, go into the Section View Style being used by the cross-section, go to Vertical Axis tab, and select the MText icon next to Tick Label Text.  In the Text Component Editor, select the Section View Point Elevation entry in the display window, change the precision on the left, and then use the Arrow button next to the Properties drop down list to update the entry.  You will need to do this for both the Left and Right axis.  (See attached Picture1)

Also see:  Horizontal Axes Tab (Section View Style Dialog Box)

Item 2:
The bottom vertical grid line and elevation is based upon the Grid Padding "Below Datum" setting in the Section View Style relative a even integer value that the system calculates in relation to a given cross sections datum.  If the "Below Datum" setting is set to include a decimal value depending on the vertical grid interval, you may end up with an non-integer number at your bottom elevation on the grid.  (See attached Picture2)

Also see:  Grid Tab (Section View Style Dialog Box)

So my guess of what is going on, is that the grid spacing below datum is not set so that you end up with a whole unit spacing at the bottom of your grid and that the elevation label is set to be rounded to a precision of 1.

Message 3 of 3

Great reply, thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report