Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Section Data Bands Help

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
STUARTDAVIS
2468 Views, 4 Replies

Cross Section Data Bands Help

Hello,

Considering the great response I got on my last thread, I figured I would post again after spending some* time trying to figure this out.

I am creating a data band for Finished Ground. I have created a Top surface from my corridor and have sampled that as well as my original ground. I am trying to add data bands to an existing cross section view. When adding data bands for the cross section, I first go to the Section View Properties, add the data band, in this case, "FG Elevations", In the "Section1" column, I pick the Corridor surface that was sampled.

The data band does not display data. I know the data band works, because I picked the original ground as the "Section1" and it gave me the elevation. Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

I have noticed that under the "Sections" tab of the Section View Properties, and in the "Type" column, the original ground surface has a different symbol than the corridor surface. I have also noiced that if I have only the "Draw" boxes for the sampled corridor surfaces in the section view checked, nothing is drawn the section view. The corridor surfaces seem like they are not really there. Am I not able to retreive data band data from a corrdior surface?? If this is the case how do I go about making the corridor top surface somthing I can get data from?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ralstogj
in reply to: STUARTDAVIS

Hi

In 2009 there is a bit of a trick when you step thru the section wizard the columns are set to sections and not surfaces so when you choose a surface no data appears in the bands

Select a section view right click and go to section view properties band tab and turn the surface coulmns on and turn the section columns off see the attached screen capture. click on the column title bar to bring up the menu.

Regards

Justin
Regards

Justin Ralston
http://c3dxtreme.blogspot.com/
Message 3 of 5
STUARTDAVIS
in reply to: STUARTDAVIS

I am in 2008, and for some reason that is not even an option when I right click the colum headers, it just gives me the option of copying. Selecting the corridor surface in the Section1 column should work, otherwise I wouldn't think that it would give me the option to select it. I have begun to think that something is wrong with the corridor/ corridor surface. I found that I have quite a few errors when I run the corridor, with targets and also thinckness. Apparently you can't have 0 thickness to the slope materials on a sub assembly that has the option of having slope materials.
Message 4 of 5

I know this post is a bit old but it seems worth a shot. 

I'm running C3D 2012 and have a simlar issue. My band elevation labels at the 0' offset mark are both refrencing the exiting surface. If I follow your steps, but turn off surfaces and turn on sections i can set section 2 to finish grade.

This works beautifully. 

Now my question: Do I have to do this for each section or can I apply it to all sections in a drawing?

many thanks...

Message 5 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: rainmanoliver1

SectionView Group properties, change band set, on this dialog you can set the Surface1 & Surface2 properties.

3-13-2012 1-50-46 PM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report