Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Section Creation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
philipg
391 Views, 1 Reply

Cross Section Creation

I am currently still working in Civil3D 2011 and maybe this is fixed in the current version.  When setting the Elevation Range and using the User specified option, I want the range used for each section to come in with preset uniform grid heights, by which I mean if I want 5 vertical feet between each vertical grid line, then I get 5' between each one and not 2' at the bottom then 5' increments up to a 3' interval at the top.  I have tried each of the height options which similar results.  I can adjust each section view after creation, but this is very time consuming.  The program should be able to accomplish when creating the views and create uniform looking cross-sections, not random looking ones.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Rainman1
in reply to: philipg

After you've created your sections, highlight one of the section views (just pick any section, highlight the grid), right click, section view group properties. On the section views tab, pick the offset and elevation button, go to the elevation range tab, pick user specified, set your height, apply. Go to the offset range tab and reset your user specified range also, apply. This will make all your section grids the same height. This can be done when creating the sections. Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report