Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Section - Compute Materials Problems

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
holetz
937 Views, 4 Replies

Cross Section - Compute Materials Problems

Hello, I am trying to perform a volumetric calculation of an earthwork, using the procedure of computing materials AutoCAD Civil 2014 - No service pack. However, as I have noticed in the forum, this procedure is somewhat painful to be carried out smoothly, and unfortunately for me is not being any different.

I am currently with two situations that I can not solve, and the first time I am forced to come asking for help here in the forum:

1 - Seemingly at random, some sections do not calculate a material. I believe it is because of the concordance of the surfaces in the problematic section, however something very specific that I can not figure out, because the same difference in the secound image, which apparently caused the error in the problematic section, occurs in other sections without causing problems in the volume calculation.

1.PNG

2.PNG

The arrow represents the end of the section.

2 - This for me is the weirdest, because in my conception, each material in the material list should be calculated separately, however the result of attached files "3" and "4" contradict this idea. What happens is that a specific material is computed only when other materials are excluded.

3.PNG

4.PNG

I hope there is a solution for this case, because for now I can still analyze section by section and manually fix then in the volume reports. However the work is growing and soon this will become unfeasible.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sboon
in reply to: holetz

Without seeing how your material calculations are set up it's hard to diagnose the problems you're having.  For the first one, try moving the sample line of the problem section slightly.  Sometimes shifting it along the alignment will help.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 5
holetz
in reply to: sboon

Thanks for the reply Sboon, I'll try moving the sample lines to see what happens. If it works it will be a good workaround to fix the problem for now.

As for the setting, the material that appears alone at last image is the "Rocha".

5.png

Being "Corte B" and "Rebaixo"as cut, and "Reposição A", "Reposição B" and "Rocha" as fill.

Message 4 of 5
holetz

I moved to section 1 cm, worked like a charm! Thank you, this will help a lot in the manual correction of the sections.

6.PNG

Message 5 of 5
holetz

I made a mistake, the material of the image is the "Replacement" A and B and not "Rocha" as I said before.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report