Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating profile along the lowest point in an existing ditch

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
346 Views, 1 Reply

Creating profile along the lowest point in an existing ditch

In highway construction, I usually check for lowest ditch elevation and see how the existing drainage flows. Typically one would create or specify in CL profile creation with a 15m offset right and left which would then generate existing CL and 15m offset profiles in profile view. However, the 15m offset profile might not represent the lowest point in the ditch as the lowest elevation offset distance varies along the highway.

My question: Is there a way in civil 3D profile creation where it can automatically trace the lowest elevation in the ditch and plot it in profile view? 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AllenJessup
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

My question: Is there a way in civil 3D profile creation where it can automatically trace the lowest elevation in the ditch and plot it in profile view? 

Not as far as I know. Others may have more knowledge.

If I had to do this. I would use the Waterdrop feature to trace the water path. You'll extraneous information, But you can explode and join, or trace over the relevant portions of the polylines to define an alignment along the lowpoints. I've used this method to trace the Thalweg (deepest channel) of a river.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report