AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

margaretwills
Message 1 of 4 (539 Views)

Creating points on a grid

539 Views, 3 Replies
04-18-2012 03:27 AM

Hi guys,

I'm a new user to Civil3d and I'm having troubles using the create points on grid command. When I run the command, I keep getting asked to type in the point description for each point. I have about 5000 points to create. 

Is there a way to set a description for all the points, so I don't have to do this manually?

Thankyou very much for your help.

Margaret Wills

Irrigation Designer

*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 2 of 4 (535 Views)

Re: Creating points on a grid

04-18-2012 04:55 AM in reply to: margaretwills

In the Toolspace on the Settings tab expand Point then Commands. Right-click on CreatePoints. In the Edit Command Settings dialog box expand Points Creation.

If you want a default description enter it and set Prompt For Description to Automatic. If you don't want any description. Set Prompt For Description to None.

Desc.png

These settings are also available by expanding the Create Points dialog box by clicking on the chevrons in the upper right corner.

d2.PNG

While you're in the Create Points dialog box you can also hit F1 to bring up help on creating points.

Allen

margaretwills
Message 3 of 4 (512 Views)

04-18-2012 04:15 PM in reply to: AllenJessup

Thankyou soooo much!!!!

This is exactly what I was looking for :smileyhappy:

*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 4 of 4 (498 Views)

04-19-2012 04:43 AM in reply to: margaretwills

Your welcome. If this post solved your problem. Please mark it as the Accepted Solution.

Allen

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.