Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating points, displaying desired info

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ces
Advocate
222 Views, 3 Replies

creating points, displaying desired info

I am just going thru tutorials for 2012 Civil 3d...we currently use LDD4...

I need to set a few points, building and property lines...thought I would try it in Civil 3d...got the points set for the building with the desired data but all I get is the marker...can't figure out how to get the different fields to display...would appreciate any help (if it is rather simple) before I give up and run back to LDD...

thanks...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: ces

When adding points to the drawing, they automatically get placed into the "_All Points" point group. In the templates that ship with C3D, this point group is set to display the Basic point marker with a Label of "<none>".  Change this to be a point label style of your choosing. You can create any number of Point Groups so each one can display differnt points in a different manner. You can reorder the Point Groups, the top one takes precedence in how a point is displayed, so if a point is in more than one point group, it will display just one way. 

2-16-2012 9-49-50 AM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 4
ces
Advocate
in reply to: Jeff_M

very clear and helpful replay, thanks a lot...!!!...Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: ces

Sure thing, glad I could help. For future reference, when receiving help in the forums it is customary to "Accept as Solution" the actual post that helped you so future searchers will be able to go right to the solution.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report