Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating points at the stations of an alignment,

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
JamaL9722060
3068 Views, 15 Replies

I wanted to get the (x,y,z) of the stations of an alignment, but sounds not to work.

In the screenshots below, I got the message “The specified station is not valid for this object” and couldn’t proceed! How this issue might be solved?

Thank you

Best

Jamal

Clip_218.jpg

Clip_219.jpg

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: JamaL9722060

Jamal,

Home>> Points >> create point along alignment. key in a value that is within the station range

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 16
JamaL9722060
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Thank you Joe-Bouza for the help.

I couldn’t find the option “create point along alignment”! the screenshot is attached.

Clip_222.jpg

Jamal Numan
Message 4 of 16
bpoleuca

The function DIVIDE you can use when you want a number of segments.

The function MEASURE you can use when you want to have the lenght you need and at the last portion you will have a diferent lenght. So I think you can use MEASURE.

PS.

1. How can I give the profile in reference to take the Z value?

2. If you want to have X,Y,Z you must use points from coridor?

Message 5 of 16
JamaL9722060
in reply to: bpoleuca

Many thanks

To answer your two questions, please, have a look on the screenshots below.

My issue is how to create points (in a group say g3) at the stations of the alignment! That’s all!

Clip_230.jpg

Clip_231.jpg

Jamal Numan
Message 6 of 16
Postmaster_G

I know this is an old thread, but did you ever solve this problem?

-Meow
Message 7 of 16
JamaL9722060
in reply to: Postmaster_G

Sorry Postmaster. I didn’t any answer for this issue.

Jamal Numan
Message 8 of 16
ntimba256

Letme get you right, you want the centreline x,y,z at 1+000, 2+000 sort of interval?
if thats so i have an answer for you
Message 9 of 16
doni49
in reply to: Postmaster_G

You're looking to create points every x number of feet along the alignment?  Use "Measure Alignment" as shown in this screenshot.  Set Prompt for Elevation and Prompt For Description to NONE.  Then when you run this command, it'll prompt you to select the Aignment, enter the start and end stations, the offset (which I'm guessing you'll want to be 0.00) and the interval.  Then it'll place a cogo point ever INTERVAL distance along the specified alignment between the start and and end stations as specified.

CreatePtsAtInterval.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 10 of 16
doni49

@JamaL9722060 wrote:

Sorry Postmaster. I didn’t any answer for this issue.

Jamal,

The answer was provided for you way back when...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-general/creating-points-at-the-stations-of-an-alignme...

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 11 of 16
JamaL9722060
in reply to: doni49

Thanks Don,

I marked it as “solved” by mistake.

If you have a look at my first post, you will find out that I have used the “Measure Alignment” where I got the error!

Could you please provide some screenshots (with command line shown \the same as in my first post) to see how the “Measure Alignment” works with you?

Jamal Numan
Message 12 of 16
csevers

Hello JamaL,

You are experiencing a bug in the program, I ran into the same error this morning and stumbled on your post from 3 years ago. I have found a solution.

I believe this may be a metric only issue as none of the other users here have experienced the same problem.

I believe this bug arises in drawings using metric units (meters) starting from the C3D metric template on alignments created using the alignment from object command.

I was able to use the Create Points - Measure Alignment command successfully after I re-created my alignment using the alignment creation tools instead of the create alignment from object command.

Chris Severs, PE
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64 bit
64.0 GB RAM
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Message 13 of 16

This Tool has a million and a half bugs. the bug you described is just one, i have also encountered one where the prompt to select a profile doesn't show up at all, and nothing happens when you press enter. a shame that seemingly such a basic operation is so unstable

Message 14 of 16
rl_jackson
in reply to: itamarbrown88

IMO there is no BUG the measure alignment command works as it should and always has since 20+yrs ago.... This issue here is that the original OP wants to stake points along an alignment at the corridor elevation. Alignments are 2d and the profile (sort of 3d) and surface is 3d.

The root of this problem is that the same point in the corridor cant be accessed in the cogo points.... Survey folk being the redhead again. 🤣😒

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 15 of 16
itamarbrown88
in reply to: rl_jackson

So why is it that for the same alignment it keeps doing something different
each time? Your explanation is vague to someone who is not in the know,
these tools should be user friendly even if your not a regular user, which
im not, and explain themselves like other autodesk features. i did the same
thing 4 times- cearte alignment, surface profile and then used that tool
and each time i got some other wierd behaviour. If its not a bug its a
behaviour that is at best completely out of date with what you expect a
modern software to do
Message 16 of 16
rl_jackson
in reply to: itamarbrown88

Start a new post with your problems! That way the can be solved your issue,
not an old post to newer version.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report