Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating New Sheet Manager for Record Drawings

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
elaine3051
268 Views, 2 Replies

Creating New Sheet Manager for Record Drawings

I have a set of Design Drawings on my desk that I need to produce a set of Record Drawings. The Design Drawings are a combination of three original contracts so the file paths for these drawings are scattered thru three project folders. Is there an easy way to create a new Sheet Manager for my Record Drawings. If I open the original Design Drawings and use "Save As" then the drawings being saved to the new Record Drawing Sheet Manager are all tied to the original Design Sheet Manager. To copy the drawings to the Record folder I will have to open them and relink all xrefs besides having to determine the file path of each drawing to be sure I am copying the correct files to the Record Drawing Folder. Is the easiest solution to use "Save As" and insert a new border with the corrected "Fields' so they are now connected to the Record Drawing Sheet Manager? Any ideas to speed up this process would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

you could try etransmit. and either bind them or not. i usually will not bind an xref just for drawing size.

Message 3 of 3

Thanks Larry. There are 60 drawings in this Drawing Set. Almost all have xrefed in the same base drawing and aerial photos. I never thought of etransmit but certainly for just a few sheets and under certain conditions that might work. I do not want to bog down the Record Drawing folder with numerous copies of the same xrefed base and photos. This is the solution I am using and seems to be working. I created the Record SM used the Project Design Sheet Mamager as an example and stored it in the new Record Drawing Folder. I am opening each drawing thru the original Project Design Manager. Creating a Save As into the new Record Drawing folder. I then import these layouts into the new Record Drawing Sheet Mamger. The sheets automatically update to the fields being tied to the new Record Drawing SM. The only time it doesn't work is if fields are tied to the individual sheets. Most fields are handled thru Custom additions to the sheet set. So far this is working. Hope I didn't confuse you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report