Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Lines by Specifying Angles

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
scott
315 Views, 4 Replies

Creating Lines by Specifying Angles

I want to set on one line backsight a point and turn an angle not based on polar funtions. In the new Auto Desk 2015, I can find no line options for this or to enter bearings and distances. Under help for this it seems as it is a feature that has gone away, just like the last upgrade took away most of the civil land sample blocks. I still have to copy and paste pre-drawn blocks from 2007, hoping that Program never stops working. I understand that most people use GPS and Data Collectors to import points, but there are a few of us smaller places that do it by hand.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: scott

4-4-2012_8-46-10_AM.png

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 5
IanMcClain

Try the 'AD transparent command.

Also, there are several threads on this message board that may be helpful, such as this on:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/CREATE-POINT-BY-ANGLE-amp-DISTANCE-SS/m-p/447...

Ian McClain
Message 4 of 5
scott
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Wish I could find that, drop down. I have it in my 2012 but can't seem to locate it in the 2015

Message 5 of 5
scott

Thank you, I went digging in all the programs it installed and I was not using Civil 3D. Now it looks and feels like the older version.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report