Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Help Files for SubAssembly Composser

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
KPerison
432 Views, 3 Replies

Creating Help Files for SubAssembly Composser

Hello,

I want to start creating help files for the SA's I'm producing.  I've downloaded the Microsoft Help Workshop program and began watching a few videos and tutorials on how to create the .CHM files from scratch.  However, "from scratch" sounds like too much work!! 😞 

Anyhow, is there some way to use one of the existing SubAssembly help files as a template for my new SA's?  Or is there a sample/template Project file (.hhp) out there to use as a starting point.  I would like to get the same format, fonts, headings, tables, etc  as the existing SA help files.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mathewkol
in reply to: KPerison

Help these days is generally HTML. Not too many CHM's out there anymore. I create mine in Word and save to HTML.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 4

There are some programs out there that will "decompile" a chm back to an HTML help project, not sure if there are any free ones though. Adobe Robohelp & Madcap Flair are paid programs I've used in the past for this purpose.

We use Word to make .mht files (basically a zipped up html file with all the resources such as images compressed into a single file), we then use "Precision Helper" to compile the chm. Precision Helper is a freeware program that you can make a donation if you like it.

We ended up making our own template to use with a similar layout but using a different color scheme so that you can easily tell when you've hit a help topic for a Autodesk SA or one of our custom SAs.

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 4 of 4
KPerison
in reply to: mathewkol

As a test, I copy and pasted the Help page from the stock "RetainWall_Vertical" SA into Word. Then saved it as HTML. I then selected that new HTML inside SAC as my help file. When I imported the SA into C3D and checked the help, none of the images were brought along.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report