Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Grading Groups - Need help quick

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
trynders
420 Views, 6 Replies

Creating Grading Groups - Need help quick

Hi all,

I have a project that I am to show a site prep for some buildings.  I have a feature line say 8.5 feet below fin flr. and offset 5 feet from face of building.  Then creating side slopes at 1:1 to existing ground.  (thats what they want to see)  However, along the side of the building, when I slope at 1:1, I am crossing the property line.  Am I able to locate a portion of the side slopes and make them steeper?  How do I do this?

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
gccdaemon
in reply to: trynders

Grab the feature line that comes from the 1:1 slope connection and convert it to poly. Modify the poly to run along the portion of property line and use the revised poly as a slope catch boundary instead of using a defined 1:1 slope.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 3 of 7
trynders

How do I do that.  It tells me that "The Feature Line is a Grading Daylight or Projection Line.  It Cannot be Edited".  ??

Message 4 of 7
ericcollins6932

couple things - note where you go out of the property line and when you create grading, don't build the entire perimeter, gapping the area where you go out. Then build a transition in the gapped area.

Or Use edit grading and increase the slope in the area concerned.

Eric Collins, P.Tech.(Eng.)

Win 10
Intel i7 9700 @ 3 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2019
Message 5 of 7
trynders
in reply to: ericcollins6932

I tried to adjust the grading using "edit grading" and changing the slopes but it does it "all around"

Message 6 of 7
ericcollins6932

You'll have to break up your grading then into at least two pieces - one for your standard grading, and one for where your standard grading exceeds your property line, building transitions between them.

Don't apply your grading to the entire length of your building; C3D will then prompt you to indicate where you should apply the grading. Figure out what you need for grading to stay within the property line by editing the grading until you achieve a workable slope, and then do it in pieces, adding transitions between the zone where you go out of the property line to where it works fine.

Eric Collins, P.Tech.(Eng.)

Win 10
Intel i7 9700 @ 3 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2019
Message 7 of 7
dgordon

Seriously,

people are making this way more complicated than it is.   explode the grading by selecting the daylighted featureline portion of the grading at existing ground.    break the portion of the feature line that crosses the property line.   draw a new polyline on the property line that extends from feature line to feature line.   convert this polyline to a feature line and sample existing surface for its elevations.  Add all 3 feature lines to the surface.

Dan

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report