Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Control Points in Civil 3D

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
robh
641 Views, 4 Replies

Creating Control Points in Civil 3D

I am trying to set up my traverse points by building control points to start.  When I get to the description on how to build control points, it says:

In Toolspace, on the Survey tab, right-click the Control Points collection. Click New to open the New Control Point dialog box.

Where is the "New Control Point" dialog box?  I cannot find it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AllenJessup
in reply to: robh

OK. First you have to have created a Survey Database them you have to create a network. So rt-clk on Survey Databases and select New, expand the new database, rt-click on Networks and select New, expand the new network and rt-clk on Control Points and select New. Now you should see the dialog box.

Cap.PNG

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
robh
in reply to: AllenJessup

Got it thanks much Allen.

Message 4 of 5
AllenJessup
in reply to: robh

Glad it worked. That was the first time I'd tried it.

If this answered your question you might want to mark it as the Accepted Solution to lead others to the answer. And to help me make "Guru". Smiley Wink

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
robh
in reply to: AllenJessup

Now I would like to come back to this database and add control points to the existing data.  When I go in to edit the database of points, it will not let me add new points.

Where do I go to add more control points?

Thanks

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report