AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

jleftwich
Message 1 of 6 (61 Views)

Creating Contour Labels

61 Views, 5 Replies
02-09-2005 08:31 AM
I am trying to create contour lines from polylines for mineral geological mapping. Can I even do this or is there something more complex I have to do. I need someone to help me walk through the steps. Thank you
*Landman
Message 2 of 6 (61 Views)

Re: Creating Contour Labels

02-09-2005 12:40 PM in reply to: jleftwich
Choose to create a surface (Right click on surface in the prospector box) then choose > Definition > Contours and then choose your polylines. Hope that Helps. "jleftwich" wrote in message news:31041454.1107966701988.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am trying to create contour lines from polylines for mineral geological mapping. Can I even do this or is there something more complex I have to do. I need someone to help me walk through the steps. Thank you
jleftwich
Message 3 of 6 (61 Views)

02-10-2005 09:02 AM in reply to: jleftwich
I think I still am doing something wrong or I am not following you. You go to civil>surface>new surface. Is that correct. When I do that it just brings up a box with nothing in it. I know I must be missing a step somewhere. I am using ac3dmap. I could email you my contours if you don't mind help me. I have another question how can I find the area between these two contour lines (polylines). I appreciate any help.
jleftwich
Message 4 of 6 (61 Views)

02-10-2005 12:14 PM in reply to: jleftwich
I think I still am doing something wrong or I am not following you. You go to civil>surface>new surface. Is that correct. When I do that it just brings up a box with nothing in it. I know I must be missing a step somewhere. I am using ac3dmap. I could email you my contours if you don't mind help me. I have another question how can I find the area between these two contour lines (polylines). I appreciate any help.
*wfb
Message 5 of 6 (61 Views)

02-11-2005 06:02 AM in reply to: jleftwich
"j" , I am beginning to believe that you are not using Civil3D, but Map 3D. You are in the wrong newsgroup. Please correct me if I am wrong. Bill "jleftwich" wrote in message news:31041454.1107966701988.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am trying to create contour lines from polylines for mineral geological mapping. Can I even do this or is there something more complex I have to do. I need someone to help me walk through the steps. Thank you
jleftwich
Message 6 of 6 (61 Views)

02-11-2005 07:22 AM in reply to: jleftwich
yes it is map 3d sorry for the mistake.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.