Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Contour Labels

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jleftwich
129 Views, 5 Replies

Creating Contour Labels

I am trying to create contour lines from polylines for mineral geological mapping. Can I even do this or is there something more complex I have to do. I need someone to help me walk through the steps. Thank you
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jleftwich

Choose to create a surface (Right click on surface in the prospector box) then choose > Definition > Contours and then choose your polylines. Hope that Helps. "jleftwich" wrote in message news:31041454.1107966701988.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am trying to create contour lines from polylines for mineral geological mapping. Can I even do this or is there something more complex I have to do. I need someone to help me walk through the steps. Thank you
Message 3 of 6
jleftwich

I think I still am doing something wrong or I am not following you. You go to civil>surface>new surface. Is that correct. When I do that it just brings up a box with nothing in it. I know I must be missing a step somewhere. I am using ac3dmap. I could email you my contours if you don't mind help me. I have another question how can I find the area between these two contour lines (polylines). I appreciate any help.
Message 4 of 6
jleftwich

I think I still am doing something wrong or I am not following you. You go to civil>surface>new surface. Is that correct. When I do that it just brings up a box with nothing in it. I know I must be missing a step somewhere. I am using ac3dmap. I could email you my contours if you don't mind help me. I have another question how can I find the area between these two contour lines (polylines). I appreciate any help.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

"j" , I am beginning to believe that you are not using Civil3D, but Map 3D. You are in the wrong newsgroup. Please correct me if I am wrong. Bill "jleftwich" wrote in message news:31041454.1107966701988.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am trying to create contour lines from polylines for mineral geological mapping. Can I even do this or is there something more complex I have to do. I need someone to help me walk through the steps. Thank you
Message 6 of 6
jleftwich

yes it is map 3d sorry for the mistake.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report