Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating constant elevation surface

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
fraishconsulting
1785 Views, 1 Reply

Creating constant elevation surface

Hi Guys,

I am new to autocad civil 3D. I am trying to create a surface with constant elevations for each section [i.e the hatched section in drawing 5] of building plan  ( pls refer to attached drawing for better understanding) so that I can deduct it from surface plan [Screenshot 6] to obtain cut/fill volume quantities. My biggest problem is creating the surface for building plan as it just lines/boxes and all the tutes on the net show creating surfaces by using points. Any solutions will be much appreciated

Cheers

Imantha

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

If I understand what you're looking for. Create an outline of the foundation with a Featureline and assign the elevations from the plan Surface. Offset the Featureline slightly and give the resulting Featureline the elevation of the basement floor. Then add these to the plan Surface as breaklines. If you need. Make a copy of the plan Surface and add them to that. You can also use a Wall Breakline.

You can adjust the Featurelines for the building envelope and the basement elevation for over-excavation if needed.

bla.png

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report