Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an "Index" of sheets?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
doni49
653 Views, 3 Replies

Creating an "Index" of sheets?

I created plan and profile sheets using the P&P tools.  Then I created a new drawing and attached (XREF) the dwg with the viewframes in it.  Then I set the viewframe layer to Plot instead of non-plot and I changed the color so that it would be heavy (we use CTB).

Then when I went to my PSPACE layout to try and plot, the viewframes are NOT there.  The layer IS turned on, because there's a PLINE that I drew on that layer and it DOES show up.  When in modelspace, the viewframes are there and the color did change as expected.

So why do they disappear when I'm on the layout tab?

The goal is to create a plottable sheet that identifies where each sheet is (I want to point to each viewframe and lable them C-101, C-102 etc).

TIA (AGAIN)!

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
gccdaemon
in reply to: doni49

You might want to try to datalink the view frames into the new drawing instead of only using the view frames through the x-ref.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 3 of 4
doni49
in reply to: gccdaemon

Thanks for the suggestion.  I just tried it and it does the same thing--shows up in model space but not when I go to the layout tab.

Oh well. 

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 4
gccdaemon
in reply to: doni49

Check your viewport freeze layers. I'm sure you've probably done that, but there isn't much other reason for it to show up in model and not the layout.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report