Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an intersection with 3 alignments/problems with t-junction

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
marirf
2299 Views, 4 Replies

Creating an intersection with 3 alignments/problems with t-junction

I´m trying to create an intersection with 3 alignments, however, I´m not succeeding because when it tells me to chose a main road its not possible to chose any of three and does not starts the intersection wizard. Does anyone knows what's going on?

Also, I have an intersection, and near it I have to build another one but it keeps showing me the message: "The primary road

for this T-junction will result in a circular dependency with the existing intersections." 

Anyone, please?!

Thanks 😉

Mariana

Civil Engineer - www.trentoengenharia.com.br
Autocad Civil 3D 2015 - Infrastructure Design Suite
Windows 7 64 i7 47700 @3.40GHz 8GB Ram GeForce GT 630
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: marirf

Help other help you by telling us the version of civil 3d you are using, including 32 bit or 64 bit.

Attach a drawing file if possible or atleast a screen shot or two.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 3 of 5
marirf
in reply to: andrewpuller3811

Sorry, first time here!

There are 2 pictures attached, the one named "3 alignments-main road" shows my problem to create an intersection with three alignments. It keeps showing the message to select the main road, but, when I choose one of them it keeps asking me again and again, the intersection wizard does not appear and I'm not able to create the intersection. The other picture shows my problem to create another intersection and appears the error message: "The primary road for this T-junction will result in a circular dependency with the existing intersections." 

Tks 😉

Mariana

Autocad Civil 3D 2012 - Infrastructure Design Suite
Windows 7 64 i7 860 @2.80GHz 8GB Ram GeForce 9800GT
Mariana

Autocad Civil 3D 2015 - Infrastructure Design Suite
Windows 7 64 i7 47700 @3.40GHz 8GB Ram GeForce GT 630
Message 4 of 5
david.zavislan

I think it can only create an intersection from two alignments.  The main road alignment for a T intersection must continue through the intersection.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 5 of 5
castled071049

It's a little hard to tell from your attached pics, but a couple of rules of the Intersection Wizard are:

1. If an alignment intersects another alignment twice, it cannot create an intersection and will give you that error.

2. You can't create an intersection with the IW using three alignments. Just do it old-school and forget the IW for that intersection.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report