Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating a subassembly

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
cadtown
193 Views, 7 Replies

creating a subassembly

I am trying to create a new subassembly, but can't seem to locate any step-by-step insructions on this subject. I am talking about creating the icon and input palette/dialog box which is then linked to a VBA routine in the custom library. Anyone has any idea or can point to where to start ? Thanks in advance.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: cadtown

Just curious, but could you possibly need that you don't already have defined in the catalogs? The one thing I've done outside the catalogs I did by defining a pline subassembly but it was more of an experiment than anything. FWIW, I don't think there ARE any instructions for the VBA side of assemblies. The code is fairly well commented IIRC, but I think you're flying solo to get one made. Good luck...and share when you're done! I'd love to see what people are doing. -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D http://au.autodesk.com Sign up now for AU2004!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Have you tried the tutorials? sm -- Scott McEachron The D.C. CADD Company "cadtown" wrote in message news:9778340.1098732931373.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >I am trying to create a new subassembly, but can't seem to locate any >step-by-step insructions on this subject. I am talking about creating the >icon and input palette/dialog box which is then linked to a VBA routine in >the custom library. Anyone has any idea or can point to where to start ? >Thanks in advance.
Message 4 of 8
cadtown

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I will almost always need to create new subassemblies since the templates/sections are quite complicated. I have no problem creating the VBA routine for each subassembly, but what I am looking for is the necessary steps to create the custom properties palette & icon through which user can enter input parameters (e.g. width, slope, depth, etc). I know that this is fairly easy to do in CAiCE but maybe not in Civil3D. At least not yet...

Peter,
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

OK, Dr. Wedding, which of the top four do you mean? http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=iirc&Find=Find I think #3 is sufficient in most cases, IMHO. -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D/LDT 2004 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "James Wedding" wrote in message news:417d5ba1_2@newsprd01... > Just curious, but could you possibly need that you don't already have > defined in the catalogs? The one thing I've done outside the catalogs I > did by defining a pline subassembly but it was more of an experiment than > anything. > > FWIW, I don't think there ARE any instructions for the VBA side of > assemblies. The code is fairly well commented IIRC, but I think you're > flying solo to get one made. > > Good luck...and share when you're done! I'd love to see what people are > doing. > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > IT Manager > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G > LDT2005+C3D > http://au.autodesk.com > Sign up now for AU2004! >
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

If I Recall Correctly. For the record, JBI does primarily subdivision work. Our needs are quite well met by the supplies subassembly components, so you'll never see me delving into the VBA underbelly of making a new one. -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D http://au.autodesk.com Sign up now for AU2004!
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Hi. There are two areas of Help you should look into:

1. From the Civil 3D menu bar, click Help>Autodesk Civil 3D Help>Autodesk Civil 3D Users' Guide Help>Assemblies and Subassemblies>Creating Subassemblies>Creating Custom Subassemblies with VBA>...

2. If you need more general information about Tool Palettes go to: from the Civil 3D menu bar, click Help>Autodesk Civil 3D Help>Autodesk Civil 3D Content Browser Help.

Hope this helps!
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

For a user to change an input parameter on a subassembly, all they have to do is insert the subassembly onto their drawing. As soon as you do this, the subassembly's Properties Design tab automatically displays. Click on any of the input parameters listed to edit it (ex: click on Inside Width to edit its value.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report