Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a pipe network from a feature line...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dgordon
1012 Views, 5 Replies

Creating a pipe network from a feature line...

No matter what i set the default structure settings to, I cannot get the structures to come in with a sump that is not 2 feet when creating a pipe network from a feature line.  It's as if this command ignores the rules of the default structure.

can anyone else creating a pipe network from a feature line and get the sump to come in as zero?

I may post this to the wish area if i can determine this is a known unchangeable setting.

creating structures by layout doesn't count since I have been able to do this successfully.

I was developing a great idea for a workflow for placing initial design of a Sanitary Sewer, and this issue cropped up.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: dgordon

I am seeing this same issue in 2012. This should be reported as a bug/defect, not a wishlist item.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 6
ccoles
in reply to: Jeff_M

Sump depth can be set in the structure rules to zero. It is now in all my rules, and structures now come in at zero depth.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Message 4 of 6
ccoles
in reply to: ccoles

Also, you can set the rule, then apply them to your structures after the fact.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Message 5 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: ccoles

My structure rules are all set at zero depth. These rules are ignored when creating a network from a featureline. Yes, they can be fairly easily changed after-the-fact, but the key is, if there is a default rule set, it should be used and not ignored.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 6
jmayo-EE
in reply to: dgordon

I have not been able to get this to work since the 08 release. I have done a few networks from objects in each release since with the same results as the OP and rules setting the sump to zero.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report