Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a corridor

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ed
Contributor
402 Views, 7 Replies

Creating a corridor

I am trying desperately to create a corridor in C3D 2013.

I have the requisite Alignment, Profile and Assembly, yet when I create the corridor, either nothing appears, or it creates the corridor at incorrect elevations.  I have the proper elevations in my alignment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
owenmull
in reply to: ed

Could you post the drawing?

Check the properties of the Corridor and ensure it's using your profile and assembly.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

Elevations in my Alignment? no.

You must have assigned the wrong "profile" in the corridor parameters dialog. Go back to the corridor dialog and check "ALL" of your targets.

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
ed
Contributor
in reply to: owenmull

Sure - here's the drawing file.

Message 5 of 8
Jeff_M

Your corridor has nothing defining it. Before you add anything, though, you need the following:

The alignment needs a profile to define it's vertical location.

Once the profile is established, select the corridor in Propsector, right-click and select Properties. On the Parameters tab, choose Add Baseline. Select your alignmnet and profile. Next, add Region, accept the defaults for the entire alignment, or enter the range you desire. You will be propmted for the Assembly to use, choose the correct one.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 8
ed
Contributor
in reply to: Jeff_M

Good timing Jeff. I actually just got the corridor created (found some errors since sending the file). Now I can't seem to create a surface from that corridor. Any help? -- Ed St.Martin /Cadsultant/ 505.299.7038
Message 7 of 8
Jeff_M

How are you attempting to create the surface?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 8 of 8
ed
Contributor
in reply to: Jeff_M

Man, your timing is amazing Jeff. I just finished getting a surface created from the new corridor. So, I should be good from here on out - thanks so much !! -- Ed St.Martin /Cadsultant/ 505.299.7038

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report