Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create surface on something other than WCS

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tom
Enthusiast
345 Views, 2 Replies

Create surface on something other than WCS

Can a surface be created from a UCS that is something other than the WCS? For example, can you create a surface for a vertical wall, or a battered almost vertical wall?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dgordon
in reply to: tom

Civil 3D objects have to be in world coordinate system.   Vertical faces cannot be modeled with a surface.   There has to be some tilt to the walk even a 0.01' offset is enough although i tend to go with 0.1' so i don't have to zoom in as far to notice it.   although a ucs could be used to place points and lines to be added to the surface after switching back to world.   good luck with this, i'm not sure where you headed with it.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 3 of 3
tom
Enthusiast
in reply to: dgordon

Dan,

Thanks for the response.  

Currently, if I create some UCS, say for a vertical wall, I make that current UCS and then copy the objects that I want to use for my suface into a drawing that is using the WCS.  I can then create a surface in the new drawing that is using the WCS.  I was just wondering if there was a simpler way or a way to stay in one drawing and create a surface on some other UCS.

Thanks again,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report