Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create surface from a Revit model

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Guest_E
251 Views, 1 Reply

Create surface from a Revit model

I was wondering is it possible to create a surface from a Revit model ?

There are retaining walls etc in the revit model !

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: Guest_E

Yes it is but it's not worth it really as revit uses slabs and cant form curved surfaces or use breaklines etc.

You can use an exported model and explode fully. Flip to the bottom/side views and delete all faces you do not want then use the top faces in a a surface. Where Retaining walls are you will need to expode & convert to or trace with 3d polylines to form non vertical edges.

I have done this but the surface is really rubbish and afterwards have generally wondered why I didin't just recreate it from scratch with Civil3d enities which would have created a better & more realistic surface model.

Honestly I reconmend working the other way around. Create the surface in Civil3d export & convert the triangles as regions then import as mass solid family (not a surface import) into revit. works a lot better with the quality in revit.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report