Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Profile View

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rkmcswain
373 Views, 7 Replies

Create Profile View

In C3D 2014 and earlier, when you went to draw a profile view, and you got to the point when it was time to pick a point on the screen (Prompt: "Select profile view origin") - it would always pause for a second or two, then the dialog would disappear, then flash back on the screen for a 1/2 second. It always felt like you were about to crash....

I just wanted to say, this little irritating feature no longer happens in C3D 2015. Thanks!

How's that for a little positive feedback today 🙂

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: rkmcswain

Well, there's one!

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 8
Hidden_Brain

There is one related thing that happens to me every time in 2013, can reproduce in any drawing.

If i have my MS window split into two views (horizontal or vertical), and then i am running through creating a profile view for a pipe network, after I get to that point where I have to pick the point on the screen, my cursor always disappears and cannot pick anywhere. The only thing I can do is to save and close out of C3D using command line and come back in. Does not happen when my MS window is not split.
Message 4 of 8
doni49
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

@engineer4life1979 wrote:
There is one related thing that happens to me every time in 2013, can reproduce in any drawing.

If i have my MS window split into two views (horizontal or vertical), and then i am running through creating a profile view for a pipe network, after I get to that point where I have to pick the point on the screen, my cursor always disappears and cannot pick anywhere. The only thing I can do is to save and close out of C3D using command line and come back in. Does not happen when my MS window is not split.

I can't say for sure if this will help but it's worth a try.  The next time it happens and you don't see your mouse, try typing 'p (apostrophe P).  This will start the pan command in transparent mode.  Then press escape.  Can you see the mouse pointer again?  Are you still in being prompted for the insertion point?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 8
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: doni49

cannot type, its almost like the entire C3D window freezes with the command line stating: " CREATEALIGNFROMNETWORK Select profile view origin".

Only thing i can do is CTRL+ALT_DEL.

Can you please try and see if you can reproduce this at your end?

1. Ribbon>Create alignment from pipe network - pick a few structures
2. In the alignment creation window, select CREATE PROFILE AND PROFILE VIEW
3. Go through the profile view menus, then when it asks to pick profile view origin, if you have your MS split into multiple views, can you click (or escape, type)?

I can reproduce this every time in 2013 (all SPs installed)

Message 6 of 8
mathewkol

Nice one RK.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 7 of 8
rkmcswain

engineer4life1979 wrote:

If i have my MS window split into two views (horizontal or vertical), and then i am running through creating a profile view for a pipe network, after I get to that point where I have to pick the point on the screen, my cursor always disappears and cannot pick anywhere.

Just tried that here using 2013 SP2 and it works as normal. No freezing or anything.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 8 of 8
Jeff_M

@engineer4life1979 wrote:

, then when it asks to pick profile view origin, if you have your MS split into multiple views, can you click (or escape, type)?

Yep, I can pick the PV Origin and the PV is correctly inserted.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report