Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create profile layout from feature line

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
henryosegueda
1150 Views, 3 Replies

create profile layout from feature line

Hello everyone

Here is my situation: I want to create a profile layout by feature line. Is it possible?

I have a pipe about 3 miles long, an alignment along the pipe, and a provie view showing the exisitng surface and pipe network. The pipe network was created from a feature line. I projected the feature line to the profile.

This is why I want to do this: I need to label the horizontal and vertical angle points of the pipe in plan view. I crated a style that shows the station and elevation. I want the elevation to reference the profile. But it only gives me the elevation of the surface and I need the top of pipe elevation.

I tried crate profile by layout and traced over the top of the pipe in profile but its 3 miles and it will take a long time.

Does anyone know how to get what I want done faster?

Thanks for your time

Currently using Civil 3D 2012 and 2013.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
emelendez
in reply to: henryosegueda

oh man, you are sooooo close. just use the feature line you created and offset it 10 feet to either side and the add those to a surface as breaklines. Ta DAAA!!!! "surface" created at the elevation of the top of pipe.

Edwin Melendez
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Certified Professional
Certification No. 00319327
Message 3 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: henryosegueda

Here's one way that would work:

Use stepped offset to offset your feature line five or ten feet on each side, in plan view. Make a surface using the the three feature lines as breaklines. Add to your Surface View a surface profile made from this new surface.

To your label, add a reference text that references a profile. When you place the first label, you'll be asked to pick the reference profile.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 4
henryosegueda
in reply to: emelendez

IT WORKED!!

That was so easy.

Thanks for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report