Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Points Numbering

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
eallen
169 Views, 2 Replies

Create Points Numbering

I am running into a particular problem that has be befuddled. For some reason on one of my drawings, the "Next Point Number" dialog will not change to the next available point after I create some points. In other words if I go to create some points and it says the next point number is 5000, it creates the points, say 10 of them from 5000 to 5009, but the dialog still says the next point number is 5000.

The result of this is the program will not create ANY points until I go back in and manually tell it to start with the next available number. I'm only getting this in one drawing. The other drawings are fine.

Did I screw up a setting or something? Or is this a glitch? I woiuld attach the file, but it is 10MB+.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ashbacker
in reply to: eallen

I am having the exact same problem. It is driving me crazy! I've also noticed that if I set up the default settings to the next point number but don't then immediately create a point, the settings return to the previous number. I am trying to set up a beginning point number to export points from my corridor, also, but there is no way to specify what number I want to start with. Hopefully someone out there has a solution for this!
Message 3 of 3
CadShack
in reply to: eallen

It's a glitch, and it gets wors in C3D 2007 where you can't set the next point number, it is grayed out intentionally, according to tech support, and the sequence from command doesn't work either.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report