Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create points by Measure Object not numbering correctly

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
stoc951
489 Views, 26 Replies

Create points by Measure Object not numbering correctly

My co-worker and I are both running Civil 3d 2013.  I was creating some points along a line using both the manual and the measure object methods.  When I create the points they increment correctly.  For example, I'll manually create points 1000-1003 then switch to measure object to create points 1004-1010.  Going back and forth between the two methods works as I expect.

I gave the drawing to my co-worker to complete the task.  He is able to create points 1011-1015 manually but when he switches to measure object, his point numbers reset to 1-10.  When switching back to manual, his next point number would be 1016.

The point numbers increment correctly between different point creation methods on my PC but do not on his.  The settings under Create Points are the same on both PCs.

Is there a setting buried somewhere that I'm not finding?  Does anyone have any suggestions to help resolve this?

Thank you.

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
BtimmermanMMS
in reply to: Jeff_M

Message 22 of 27
Jay_B
in reply to: BtimmermanMMS

That's initial version w/ No SP's, and you might want to get the serial number removed. Smiley Wink

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 23 of 27
Jeff_M

Bryan, that image should be removed as it is showing your serial number... But, it is also showing that you do NOT have any Service Pack installed.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 24 of 27
doni49

I don't think you have SP1 installed.

I've got 2014 SP1 installed here.  Notice how it says SP1 at the end?

AcadSP.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 25 of 27
BtimmermanMMS
in reply to: doni49

Interesting - I have looked under the product updates button in upper right hand corner and it says Product Up-to-Date.

So, I thought my system was current. I now try to run the SP2 I have downloaded to our server and....will try to set points.

Thanks for the heads up on the serial number issue...Starting C3D up and ....will return with outcome. Fingers crossed...

Message 26 of 27

Gotta love it when a plan comes together!

SP2 fixed the issue.

NOW - my question would be, "Why did C3D show my product up-to-date"?

At this point - Don't really care too much - Will write it off as a "Feature" in C3D.

NOW II - Don't know whose reply I should mark as the solution. It was a joint effort and you all jumped on it like a pack of dogs. Great job!

Thanks!!

Message 27 of 27
doni49

@BtimmermanMMS wrote:

Gotta love it when a plan comes together!

SP2 fixed the issue.

NOW - my question would be, "Why did C3D show my product up-to-date"?

At this point - Don't really care too much - Will write it off as a "Feature" in C3D.

NOW II - Don't know whose reply I should mark as the solution. It was a joint effort and you all jumped on it like a pack of dogs. Great job!

Thanks!!

I think Jeff's message #17 is the first time that SP1 was identified as the probable solution.  That one would make sense to me.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report