Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Parcels, Populate with Object Data

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Avera737
546 Views, 1 Reply

Create Parcels, Populate with Object Data

Is anyone aware of a way to create a parcel from an object (closed polyline) and populate the parcel with Object Data from the polyline?

I have imported a .shp file into a drawing and the result is many closed polylines with properties similar to the attached image.  I would like to bring this data into a parcel object for labeling purposes.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MATRIX3DSURVEYS
in reply to: Avera737

Simple answer is the SHP file needs to be turned in to a Topology using functions avaliable in Map 3D.

It is a long process beginning with Map Clean up, The Shape file contains numerous duplicate lines, Crossing lines, Clustered nodes, ect..  The cleanup needs to be run in a specific order and dozens of times to get rid of all the duplicate obgects, before the Topology can be created. A centoid then needs to be created for each object that is connected to the external database. Some of the cleanup passes take hours, dont touch the computer while it is working, sometimes I leave the process going all night.

Suggest doing the example excercises from Map. There is an article in the knowlege base on importing shp files and preforming the cleanup and creating the centoids. Untill you get the topology clean it will not work.

There is also a book by Autodesk press that has the instructions in it.

Once the topology is created the appearance can be controled from the database Colors, lables, names...

Jim

Matrix3DSurveys

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report