Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create new layer bug

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ystillman
518 Views, 6 Replies

Create new layer bug

First... I've searched around the discussion board for similar issues and this looks like it's been going on since at least 2005!!!  Really, for what we pay for this software  and subscription you would think a simple thing like creating a layer and it taking on the appropriate properties set would have been fixed by now (I'm in C3D 2012).  The issue...  When I create a new layer and in the same process change the color and linetype it looks like it takes in the layer dialogs box but when you use the layer the properties do not take.  I have to re-initiate the layer command and then the layer properties are not what I set them to.  Once I re set them at this stage it holds the layer.  A very frustrating workflow issue to say the least.

I've attached 3 images.

1. Showing two lines and layer dialogs box on two new layers (objects look the same)

2. Showing dialogs box after reinitializing layer command (objects still the same)

3. Showing dialogs box and lines after changing layer properties (now objects are holding set properties.

Please advise if there is a fix for this or if it will be fixed in 2013

Thank you,

Yvonne Stillman

PowerCAD Drafting & Design

Yvonne
www.PowerCAD.net
C3D ver 2012
Win 7, 64bit
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
John_N
in reply to: ystillman

Hey Yvonne,

Try setting you layerdlgmode to 0.  I have found the modeless layer dialog box to be slow and buggy.  This isn't a real fix, but maybe it will help.

Message 3 of 7
tcorey

I can't get 2012 or 2013 to misbehave in the way you describe.

I have tried with LAYERDLGMODE on and with it off. What results do you get if you turn it off?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 7
ystillman
in reply to: John_N

Thanks, that seems to work!!  so far I don't notice any effect from making this variable change.

Thank you!!!!

Yvonne
www.PowerCAD.net
C3D ver 2012
Win 7, 64bit
Message 5 of 7
ystillman
in reply to: tcorey

Tim, strange that you can't get it to do it.  It was immediate fix once I changed that variable.  It's like that on all my 3 autocad systems in house. 

Thanks you for your response

Cheers,

Yvonne

Yvonne
www.PowerCAD.net
C3D ver 2012
Win 7, 64bit
Message 6 of 7
Jeff_M

Yvonne, I've had this happen as well. The problem seems to be that if you create a layer and don't hit Enter when changing the name then no other changes will be held. (Such as setting the layer name then clicking on the color or limetype to change those.) But, making sure to hit Enter when naming the layer will allow the subsequent changes to take hold.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 7
ystillman
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks Jeff!  for now I'm just going to use that setting... I'm not sure what it effects but so far i don't notice anything but it working... thank goodness!!

Yvonne
www.PowerCAD.net
C3D ver 2012
Win 7, 64bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report