Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Mass Point Groups

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
CADguy82
535 Views, 4 Replies

Create Mass Point Groups

Is there a way to import a point legend that will automatically generate point groups for each description?  I need to create about 50 point groups and would rather not have to do it manually...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Steve

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Feckit
in reply to: CADguy82

Steve

As far as I am aware the answer to that is no.  For automatic point group population the point groups need to be defined prior to import.

This along with everything else is what makes the .dwt file(s) mind numbingly expensive, but once it's done it's all good.  However if your talking about a one off import of external data then you have my condolences.

Kind Regards

Feckit

Message 3 of 5
Civil3DReminders
in reply to: CADguy82

Wouldn't be too difficult to create via programming.

Christopher

Message 4 of 5

It would be really nice if that were an option in a description key.

Stacy Dunn
Message 5 of 5
Sinc
in reply to: stacy.dunn

@stacy.dunn wrote:

It would be really nice if that were an option in a description key.

It pretty much already is, except that you have to create the Point Group manually.  You can do that in a template, though, so the Point Groups are pre-created in other drawings.  All you have to do is create the desired Point Groups, then select the Description Key(s) in the Point Group Properties -> Raw Desc Matching tab.

What can't currently be done is importing points with arbitrary descriptions, and having Point Groups created automatically for each unique description.

Sinc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report