Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Create Line

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jedwards
180 Views, 5 Replies

Create Line

All I want to do is draw a basic line, and when  I hit the icon, why does the whole pull down menu open?  Why cant it be like the circle command, where if you want to draw a simple circle and I hit the icon it goes into the command, and then if I want options I hit the arrow to the right side of the icon and the pull down menu opens up. Annoying!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
KirkNoonan
in reply to: jedwards

You could just type an L and hit the space bar - annoyance avoided.

Message 3 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: KirkNoonan

Or, you could edit the CUI (which is what I've done since C3D2010) so that the Line button is a split button which retains the last command used (just like the Arc button does).

7-30-2014 12-04-07 PM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 6
AllenJessup
in reply to: jedwards

@jedwards wrote:

why does the whole pull down menu open? 

Because it's a Civil 3D menu and there are many ways to draw a line in Civil. The first choice Create Line is what you want. It wouldn't make sense to have it default to Create line the way the Circle defaults to Center, Radius since Civil 3D is about Surveying and Civil Engineering. As mentioned you can type Line at the command line or crate a one or two key alias. You can also switch to to the Drafting and Annotation Workspace where the Line icon works the way you want.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
neilyj666
in reply to: Jeff_M

Wow... another great tip Jeff, I never know you could do this....:):) Just modified my CUI now to do this

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 6 of 6
jedwards
in reply to: KirkNoonan

Thanks Jeff!!! Exactly what I was looking to do.  Works perfect now.

Thanks to all for your responses!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Ā 

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Ā