Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create hatch or fill for 3D solid object projected into section view

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dnietubicz
2165 Views, 3 Replies

Create hatch or fill for 3D solid object projected into section view

I created a 3d solid from surface triangles for an existing shell driveway. I then used _ConvToSurface, then _union to join 3d solids, then _thicken to add depth to the driveway. I then projected this solid into my section view and all looks good, but I would like a hatch or fill pattern for this area. Any suggestions? Thanks, Doug
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Willy_Campbell
in reply to: dnietubicz

Hi Doug,

What release version of Civil 3D are you using? Different releases have different abilities when it comes to projecting to profile views.

Willy Campbell
Message 3 of 4
dnietubicz
in reply to: Willy_Campbell

I am using Civil 3D 2015

Sincerely,
Doug Nietubicz
Engineering Designer II
Highlands County Engineering Dept
505 S. Commerce Avenue
Sebring, FL 33870
863-402-6877 ext 4228
[https://hcda.hc.lan:443/DesktopAuthorityConsole/Images/Upload/99409426-3603-478c-863e-2544f4f5d9ad/L...

LEGAL NOTICE REGARDING EMAIL
Senate Bill 80 - effective July 1, 2006
Under Florida Law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic email to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.

Per F.S. 668.6076 Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If
you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records
request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this
office by phone or in writing.
Message 4 of 4
Willy_Campbell
in reply to: dnietubicz

Hi Doug,

The options for creating a style with a hatch or solid for objects that are projected to section views is [still] not available in Civil 3D.

I was able to use the projected object boundary as a hatch selection boundary [see below], but these hatches will be static, and would need to be manually moved/recreated in the projected object move. Of course, I only used an extruded cube to create and project a 3D solid. Your projected objects may not allow for that type of hatch boundary selection.

section hatch.JPG

Willy Campbell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report