AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Mentor
IanMcClain
Message 1 of 3 (190 Views)

Create feature line from object

190 Views, 2 Replies
10-09-2012 04:27 PM

I use the create feature lines from object command from the Survey pull-down menu and choose a "Associate figure survey point to verticies" I get a survey figure that uses point elevations at some vertieces and 0 at others. However, if I use Create Feature Lines from Objects under the Grading pull-down, and use a surface made of just the points, I get a a figure with all the correct elevations.

I checked the vertices where the survey figure drops to 0 and the line is snapped to the point, distance = 0.0000. What gives?

-Ian McClain
(running C3D 2012 sp4, Win7 64bit, 8GB)
Product Support
SethHall
Message 2 of 3 (152 Views)

Re: Create feature line from object

10-12-2012 08:56 AM in reply to: IanMcClain

I tested this in a newer version than 2010 and it seems to work fine, but I may be missing something. Does it happen with all data or just a specific drawing?

Seth Hall
Product Support
GCSO - CSS - FTS
Autodesk, Inc.

Being Civil
Being Civil Twitter
Being Civil Facebook

Valued Mentor
IanMcClain
Message 3 of 3 (148 Views)

Re: Create feature line from object

10-12-2012 09:07 AM in reply to: SethHall

This was the first time I have had it happen. I think it may be caused by re-importing survey events. Somehow that breaks the asociation between the snapped poly-line and the point. However, all my points are "at-elevation" set to 0. I assumed that the create featureline from object had some kind of tolerance to associate the verticies with nearby points. In this case the verticies with resulting 0 elevations are still right on the re-imported survey points. (re-import occured before the figure was made, but after the polyline was made.)

-Ian McClain
(running C3D 2012 sp4, Win7 64bit, 8GB)
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!