AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Mentor
IanMcClain
Message 1 of 3 (185 Views)

Create feature line from object

185 Views, 2 Replies
10-09-2012 04:27 PM

I use the create feature lines from object command from the Survey pull-down menu and choose a "Associate figure survey point to verticies" I get a survey figure that uses point elevations at some vertieces and 0 at others. However, if I use Create Feature Lines from Objects under the Grading pull-down, and use a surface made of just the points, I get a a figure with all the correct elevations.

I checked the vertices where the survey figure drops to 0 and the line is snapped to the point, distance = 0.0000. What gives?

-Ian McClain
(running C3D 2012 sp4, Win7 64bit, 8GB)
Product Support
SethHall
Message 2 of 3 (147 Views)

Re: Create feature line from object

10-12-2012 08:56 AM in reply to: IanMcClain

I tested this in a newer version than 2010 and it seems to work fine, but I may be missing something. Does it happen with all data or just a specific drawing?

Seth Hall
Product Support
GCSO - CSS - FTS
Autodesk, Inc.

Being Civil
Being Civil Twitter
Being Civil Facebook

Valued Mentor
IanMcClain
Message 3 of 3 (143 Views)

Re: Create feature line from object

10-12-2012 09:07 AM in reply to: SethHall

This was the first time I have had it happen. I think it may be caused by re-importing survey events. Somehow that breaks the asociation between the snapped poly-line and the point. However, all my points are "at-elevation" set to 0. I assumed that the create featureline from object had some kind of tolerance to associate the verticies with nearby points. In this case the verticies with resulting 0 elevations are still right on the re-imported survey points. (re-import occured before the figure was made, but after the polyline was made.)

-Ian McClain
(running C3D 2012 sp4, Win7 64bit, 8GB)
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.