Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create corridor surface for loop road.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rosiah
1349 Views, 7 Replies

Create corridor surface for loop road.

Hye all, I really need some help. I'm currently working on road design where my road is a loop. I already managed to create the corridor, however when I tried to generate the surface, it seems that at wherever the feature lines intersecting each other, the surface will turn out funny. I also already tried to use the 'split region' but still failed to produce proper surface. See the attach pictures for better understanding. Thank you in advance.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rosiah
in reply to: rosiah

Sorry if some of you couldn't find the attachment.
Message 3 of 8
Ed-Hovsepyan

And where can I see your attachment?

Message 4 of 8
rosiah
in reply to: Ed-Hovsepyan

It seems that I cant upload any attachment. The problem is, when I tried to generate the surface from corridor, it seems that at stretch where my road is intersecting with each other, the surface will triangulate the upper and lower corridor, thus making my surface become haywire. This is also reflected in my cross-section. I already tried to assign outer corridor as boundary and assign split region during generating the corridor but nothing change. Really hope that my explanation is clear enough. Please, please help me. 😞
Message 5 of 8
sboon

You cannot create any surface in Civil3d with two elevations at the same x,y coordinate.  You would have to create two surfaces for this.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 6 of 8
rosiah
in reply to: sboon

How to create 2 surface for the same corridor? Do I have to create different corridor?
Message 7 of 8
sboon

You can create two surfaces in one corridor and separate them using boundaries.  You need to use feature lines to define the boundary.

Clipboard01.png

Once the boundary has been created you will need to adjust the station range.

Clipboard02.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 8 of 8
Pointdump

R,

A loop road with an upper and lower corridor? I'm having a tough time picturing that.

In a loop corridor, you should always try to start and end in the middle of a straight segment. And the start and end elevations have to be the same. Like using a corridor for pond grading.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report