Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create alignment from object results in wrong length

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
asloat
702 Views, 4 Replies

Create alignment from object results in wrong length

I am working on creating an alignment from a single polyline. The polyline, which was originally created in Carlson 2012, is a flat polyline that is about 1200 feet in length. When I select it with create alignment from object, it accepts it and seems to work. For some reason though, the stationing is way off  --- e.g. the true 50' mark is showing up as 0+04.17 which results in an end station of 0+99.31 on a 1191' polyline.

edit> I also have tried this with a brand new polyline I created in civil3d, same issue.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: asloat

Can you post a file with the polyline?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

It looks like you are off by a factor of 12. Check your units and make sure you are starting with a Civil 3D template.

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 5
asloat
in reply to: peterfunkautodesk

I went through and recreated everythign from scratch and it seems fine now. I think i may have utilized an architectural template at some point. thank you.

Message 5 of 5
peterfunkautodesk
in reply to: asloat

When I see a post about things being the wrong size I'll divide the two number and typically the are either off by 12, 0.83333, ~3 or ~0.333. Mixing units is pretty easy to do.

Cheers,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report