Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create 3D polylines based on my pipe network

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mhvam06
5020 Views, 4 Replies

Create 3D polylines based on my pipe network

Hello everyone,

My contractor has asked if I can make a file which he can input in to his machines.

He has send me a dwg which shows how he would like the information. The file only consists of 3D polylines (pipes) and circles with a Z value (structures).

Do you guys know how I can create a 3D polyline based on my pipes?

Also do you know if it is possible to create these 3D polylines based on the invert elevation as well as the outside bottom?

Kind regards

Mikkel

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Perhaps >>>this<<< will help

Message 3 of 5

Awesome! It works like a charm! It is at least 20 times faster than another method I was otherwise going to use.

Thanks a lot!
Message 4 of 5
jherman7QTNM
in reply to: mhvam06

Just used that tool, it works perfect

Message 5 of 5

That add in tool works well - I have used it as well before. I want to say there is also a way to export 3D polyline linework from the pipe network with the hydraflow storm sewers option - maybe it was a DXF though? I had to do this once in order for somebody running Land Desktop to import everything in their older version of storm sewers - but its been a while since I did so. It did not do exactly as we would've hoped but it gave the end user a lot more than just starting from scratch. It would not be my first choice though given the price of that cheap add in tool

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report