Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash while Setting Working Folder for Data Shortcuts

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
alloftin
753 Views, 5 Replies

Crash while Setting Working Folder for Data Shortcuts

I have been using the same Working Folder and Data Shortcuts since January of this year.  My AutoCAD crashed yesterday and ever since then I haven't been able to reset my working folder.  When I select the correct folder, one that I have been using for the past 8 months, the program just freezes and will do absolutely nothing for as long as I will let it sit.  I even tried selecting a parent and child folder of the shortcuts folder, just to double check I was selecting the correct folder.  When I select the wrong folder, nothing happens, but when I select the correct folder, the program locks up.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Not sure if there is some registry error that has happened that I can fix, or some other simple solution.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
alloftin
in reply to: alloftin

Running AutoCAD C3D 2010

Message 3 of 6
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

I would suggest that you open a support request with Autodesk.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 4 of 6
dgordon

i'd try a install repair before getting into a support request.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 5 of 6
Jeff_M

I'd look for (using Windows Explorer) a wonky folder or file in the Working Folder. It sounds like C3D is trying to read the folder and is hitting a stumbling block there.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 6
hgohel

Process Monitor ( http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645 ) from Microsoft is a to help diagnose what is going on with any process...you may want to try using that to see what is going on when the app appears hung or just before crashing.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report