Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crash when reloading Xref'd Corridor dwg

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
smallory
1884 Views, 6 Replies

crash when reloading Xref'd Corridor dwg

Hi All

Our local reseller had suggested we use the following process to minimize file sizes and crashes:

Base drawing - Existing Conditions linework & EG Surface

PR drawing - Proposed linework, Alignments & profile

Modeling file - Corridor

Cross Section dwg - sample lines & section views

Surfaces, alignments, profile Dref'd and corridor Xref'd in the cross section dwg.  When I reload the "modeling" file from within the cross section dwg, I get an "APPCRASH" with the following error message.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:                        APPCRASH

Application Name:                             acad.exe

This is a Windows error message and not an AutoCAD error message.  Does anybody have ideas on what would be causing the crash or where I should be improving performance, etc?  

Thanks

Steve

Civil 3D 2012 SP2.1

Lenovo Thinkstation

Intel Xeon E31230

16GB RAM

NVidia Quadro 600 v 8.17.12.6745

Win 7 Professional 64-bit

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rdlongbow
in reply to: smallory

Same problem here. Would be nice to get a solution to this problem. For now, I close the cross section drawing and reopen it to get the updated corridor xref.

Message 3 of 7
david.zavislan

Try a slightly different combination of files in your cross section drawing.   Data reference the alignment, and xref the corridor modeling drawing.    You only need the alignment as a data reference so you can generate the sample lines and sections.   The surfaces and corridor will be available from the corridor drawing, attached as an xref.  Cross sections can sample corridors and surfaces in external references. This is assuming that you have the eg surface data referenced into the corridor drawing.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 4 of 7
smallory
in reply to: david.zavislan

Thanks for your help David, it now seems to be working much better...

Message 5 of 7
rdlongbow

I know that this has topic has been flagged as being solved, but I still have this issue. Hadn't thought about it for a month or so, but I revised my corridor, saved the drawing, switched to my cross section drawing, which was already open and tried to reload the corridor xref, and C3D crashed. I get the Win7 offer to try and resolve the problem, which is a nice offer, but totally worthless.

Message 6 of 7
hgohel
in reply to: rdlongbow

Since there are several reports of this problem, could you open a subscription support case and provide data and steps to reproduce the problem?  It would be helpful to us to duplicate the problem.  Thanks,

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 7
smallory
in reply to: rdlongbow

Did you make sure all duplicate references to surfaces have been removed?  A co-worker of mine just had the same issue with the crashes so I had her remove all data shortcutted surfaces from the drawing and sample just the xref'd suface.  Seems to be working fine now. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report