Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crash at startup for one of our Civil 2010 users - not 3d

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sfore
419 Views, 6 Replies

crash at startup for one of our Civil 2010 users - not 3d

We have a Civil 2010 user that crashes when she starts up the program.  Update 2 has been installed.  It loads but before it completely loads, it fatally aborts with an error code that reads:

Fatal Error: Unhandled e0434f4dh Eception at 7644b727h.

When it crashed, I sent error report to autodesk and they sent me back update 3.  I installed it and it still crashes.  Any idea why?  She has win7 64 bit machine if that could give any clue as to the trouble she's having. 

Shawn

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Check out this thread - http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Civil-3D-2009-installation-problems/m-p/2682539  It was for C3D 2009, but my suspicion would be changing the target of the startup icon on your desktop to have an option after /p of "<>" to start with a different profile.  There may be other options (as in the thread) for metric, etc to check out.  don't know if this will help, but at least its something to try - it will let you see if you have a corrupt template file.

Best of Luck!

Message 3 of 7
Kyle-Evans
in reply to: sfore

Hey there, I was having this exact issue myself, and autodesk is almost useless on this one. Basically Civil 3D has corrupted a file because it crashed or did not close cleanly, and when you are loading up Civil 3D, or even Civil, as soon as the toolspace loads it gives that fatal error and crashes.

See http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Civil-3D-will-not-load-and-crashes-on-startup/td-p/27...

If you provide me with your e-mail address I can send you the potential fix for this

Message 4 of 7
sfore
in reply to: Kyle-Evans

Hey, I saw your post the other day and have been following it even though our users issue has been fixed.

I ran a repair and problem went away.  I saw where you also ran a repair, but it didn't fix the problem.  I'm not sure why it fixed our issue but not yours.  Anyway, thanks for the update.

Shawn

Message 5 of 7
Kyle-Evans

Sometimes it works, and sometimes it does not! Also, please keep in mind that 6 days after I got mine working the first time it happened again.

Message 6 of 7
sfore
in reply to: Kyle-Evans

it's been about 4-5 days, so here's my email address 

thanks

Message 7 of 7
Kyle-Evans

Ok, edit that out of there now, so you do not have a spam bot come by, see it and spam you to death haha

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report