AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Contributor
achillesgr
Message 1 of 3 (135 Views)

courdinate system and zone

135 Views, 2 Replies
08-22-2013 08:53 AM

i am surveing in Greece and here we use the GGrs 87 system.

what is that has to to with my drawing?

for now i know very litle about c3d and the simple tasks i am trying to do is importing points from gps (in ggrs87 system)
, make some linework and maybe some stakeouts at the moment.

should i give these settings to the "general drawing settings" or not?where is these seting needed for?

also ,we have some old maps in local courdinate system that needs a conversion to ggrs87 system.can i make this task in civil3d?

please forgive the sily questions but i am trying to be very careful on tasks like that and to avoid any mistakes.

thanks for your time and your help.

Valued Contributor
Jasono2009
Message 2 of 3 (110 Views)

Re: courdinate system and zone

08-22-2013 11:33 AM in reply to: achillesgr

achil,

Since GGrs87 system is defined in C3D, you can convert any local coordinate system you desire - provided the local system has some reference to lat/long, UTM, etc. It all comes back to having points in your local system (minimum two) that are georeferenced in some way.

Valued Contributor
achillesgr
Message 3 of 3 (94 Views)

Re: courdinate system and zone

08-22-2013 01:27 PM in reply to: Jasono2009
Spoiler
Ok.if i have two points in both systems (local and ggrs87)how can i do this?from the settins card and transformation?
Spoiler
Thanks!
Spoiler

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.