Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupted network domain profile cause C3D to crash with a DBX CAS 2 error?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
wdbar
323 Views, 2 Replies

Corrupted network domain profile cause C3D to crash with a DBX CAS 2 error?

I have been troubleshooting this for a day and half now.  Uninstalled and re-installed, erased all ARG files,etc.  I can log in on any different workstation but yet I'm only able to open ONE drawing and only by double clicking from the windows file explorer.  A second drawing even if it's not at the same time but in the same C3D program session will cause my RAM to be shown in my taskmanager as being used up and then crashes out with the DBX CAS 2 error.

Ruling out the installation, ARG files, CPU (since I can reproduce the results on 3 workstations with my login yet others have no issues) I'm left with the conclusion that it's something to do with my network domain profile.

Anyone encounter this or does my theory sound probable?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
subpartner
in reply to: wdbar

Haven't ever seen this exact error but I've seen all kinds of trouble with both redirected and roaming profiles. They seem to be easily corrupted for some reason (compared to stationary profiles).

We've pretty much stopped using them since most our users don't jump from workstation to workstation any way. They have been trained to store their docs on a server (or we run a task everynight to backup my docs folder to the server if experience performance lacks with network based files).

Message 3 of 3
wdbar
in reply to: subpartner

Thanks,

I feel like I've ruled out anything on my end (CAD, PC).  It's baffling how a 2mb drawing will run up the RAM to 12GB and crash.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report