Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupted Layouts that kill the SSM?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Sinc
262 Views, 1 Reply

Corrupted Layouts that kill the SSM?

We've been having a lot of issues with the Sheet Set Manager recently in Civil-3D, and I finally tracked it down to something being corrupted in our default layout in our default drawing template. Somehow, it got something bad in it, and the issue seemed to be related to the link between DWG layouts and DST files. I finally discovered that if I created a brand-new layout in our drawings and deleted the one that came in from the template, it would fix the problem.

So I decided to try to fix the template. But when i did so, I opened the template and did things in a different order. I deleted the existing layout before creating a new one. This caused Civil-3D to automatically create another one, since there must be at least one layout in the drawing. However, this seems to have created a "husk" that I can't get rid of. I didn't notice this problem right away, and now our template has been like that for a while, and the problem exists in several new drawings.

The Sheet Set Manager fails EVERY TIME now in these drawings. I cannot use it to plot ANYTHING. When I try to use the PUBLISH command instead of the SSM, I get the attached image. If I manually remove the layout flagged "Layout not initialized" from the list, the PUBLISH command will finish normally. But the existence of this corrupt layout seems to confuse the SSM, and it is incapable of printing anything.

This problem started in 2007, but exists in 2008 as well. In 2008, I can run an audit and it returns 0 errors.

I tried finding and deleting the corrupt layout via both .NET and Lisp, but neither the LayoutTable in .NET or the AcadLayouts object in COM can see it.

I've discovered that I can start with a brand-new, completely empty drawing, and insert our template. This inserts all our styles without inserting the layouts, and gets me most of the way back to a fully-functional template. So I think I have a workaround - I just need to search through my new template and find all the things I still need to change. But anyone else seen this issue?

One further point: if I delete all existing paperspace layouts from a drawing, Civil-3D will again automatically create a new layout, since the drawing must have at least one. But it will leave another of these husks in the drawing. So I can keep adding more and more of them to a drawing, simply by deleting the only layout in the drawing and letting Civil-3D create a new one.
Sinc
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Sinc
in reply to: Sinc

Forgot to attach the image.
Sinc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report