Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

corrupted layout tab dwg?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
darreng_oa
509 Views, 1 Reply

corrupted layout tab dwg?

i have been working on a DWG (c3d 2012) most of the day, and sure enough, after my last edit in Model space, c3d crashed.  

i can remain in model space, but once I try on open the only layout tab, c3d hangs and crashes.  i was able to create a new layout in the command line and rebuild my layout, but i still cannot open the original tab without a crash.  i ran AUDIT and found 2 errors, but if i allow c3d to fix or delete them, c3d crashes.  also, if i run PURGE, c3d crashes.

any idea how i can determine what is at fault or a method to maybe even isolate the problem? maybe a trick?

tia

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jay_B
in reply to: darreng_oa

Is there possibly a bak or sv$ autosave file available to revert to if you can't fix the errors?
Have you tried deleting the original layout?
I've had success with finding a recent copy by rt clicking on the dwg in win7 windows explorer.. There's a "previous version" and at times multiple listings of previous save times that may be restored, other times they are blank.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report