Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt User Profile, Help please

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1279 Views, 1 Reply

Corrupt User Profile, Help please

Ok... let me preface this by saying that I probably did something stupid and shame on me. I installed SQL Express on my local machine just to see what the damage would be to try and run vault locally instead of booger up the SBS 2003 installation. Well, installed it thought I had set things up properly, fired up C3D 2008 and it gave me quite a few errors, so I repaired the program, seemed to work. Haven't had a chance to mess with vault anymore since then and today while trying to do something with it I decided to give up on the whole local machine thing and uninstalled SQL from my machine, again, C3D blew up, tried repairing to no avail, tried reinstalling to no avail. All of the files associated with 08 from everywhere I could find it on my computer and reinstalled once again. Now when I fire it up I get a warning message that states "Unable to load profile file. Some profile information saved in the last session may not be restored" but none of the other errors that I was getting earlier. Any clues on what I need to do to resolve this?

Thanks for any help.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

When you do an uninstall, you should be sure to also clean your registry of the Autodesk entries. Go to Autodesk.com, find search and search for TS45252. That tech doc will tell you how to clean the registry. If you uninstall, delete the program folders that are left over, and clean the registry, the re-install should be successful.

Best regards,

Tim Corey
Delta Engineering Systems
Redding, CA

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report