Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt label styles

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
rkmcswain
524 Views, 12 Replies

Corrupt label styles

Wondering if anyone has ever run across what appears to be a corrupt label style? In this particular case, it's a structure label style.

When you select this style for annotation and pick a structure, nothing appears in the drawing. Exploration of the style settings revealed this incomplete dialog:

badstyles.png

So far this is only affecting a few label styles, not all of them.

Just wondering what may have caused this?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Jeff_M
in reply to: rkmcswain

I have seen this before and never have figured out what causes it. Only solution I found was to create a new style. IIRC, Audit does not help with this.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 13
rkmcswain
in reply to: Jeff_M

Correct, AUDIT does not help.

Unfortunately, there are several of these corrupt styles in my template, for at least a couple of weeks, which of course means - I have ±dozens of drawings out there with this problem.

I wish I knew what caused it so I could avoid this in the future.

Message 4 of 13
troma

I had similar issue with a profile view label style.
I think I tracked it back to dragging many labels from one drawing to another; most were fine, but one had a hiccup on the way.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 13
rkmcswain
in reply to: troma

Well no wonder AUDIT doesn't help, there is nothing "corrupt" about these styles.....they've simply had all of the label components removed.

Now how _THAT_ happened, I don't know.

You may be on to something though, I have added some styles to the template by drag+drop from other drawings.

I guess I'll stop doing that.

Message 6 of 13
jmayo-EE

Iv'e never seen that one but I have seen C3D replace my style font with the standard font on numerous occasions. I believe it's related to ImportStyleAndSettings. Do you use this command?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 13
rkmcswain
in reply to: jmayo-EE

@Anonymous wrote:

Iv'e never seen that one but I have seen C3D replace my style font with the standard font on numerous occasions. I believe it's related to ImportStyleAndSettings. Do you use this command?

Ok, now that you mention it, I have seen that (the replacing of the font with "Standard") when you drag+drop label styles. But I suppose it could happen with the Import styles command too. Never tested it.

I think that particular problem has something to do with child styles, possible dragging+dropping a child style into a drawing where the 'parent' style does not exist.

Just have not had time to test all these scenarios.

Thanks!

Message 8 of 13
troma

Now that you mention it, that rings a bell. No components, and everything locked so you can't edit it.
And yes, it was a child style. I'm not sure if I was dragging it to a drawing where the parent didn't exist or a drawing where the parent had been significantly edited.

BTW, it was in C3D 2008 that it happened to me.

Mark Green

Message 9 of 13
mathewkol

I can't ofeer any solution but I ca nconfirm I have seen this behavior before unfortunately.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 10 of 13
SkipBurns

I've seen this... for me it seems to happen when dragging in child styles.  If i'm very careful and always drag in the parent style first, then the child styles, I can typically avoid the problem.

Message 11 of 13
Hammer.john.j

I've had that happen, but I just so happened to need the label style immediately after I dragged it into the drawing which obviously depicted the problem.... however, it's random sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't... i copied the label again and it worked, strange.

John Hammer, LA/CADD Manager
Message 12 of 13
troma
in reply to: Hammer.john.j

Agreed, it's random. I drag children without their parents all the time (sounds cruel, I know, and probably illegal!) Probably 90% or 95% of the time all is fine.
Randomness is annoying!

Mark Green

Message 13 of 13
rkmcswain

Thanks for all the comments.

Looks like we need to verify styles after importing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report