Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt file?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
fireballjenn
307 Views, 6 Replies

Corrupt file?

This .dwg file is acting a fool! I am trying to edit my profile geometry, but my screen goes gray when I zoom in, and there are weird, huge extension lines in the uppermost subdivision that I can't erase. It is also beyond slow, so I can't do anything at all with it. Can someone help me figure out what's up? I did an Audit and Purge and found nothing wrong. 

File is attached.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jeff_M
in reply to: fireballjenn

C3D version? Service pack(s) installed?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 7
doni49

@fireballjenn wrote:

This .dwg file is acting a fool! I am trying to edit my profile geometry, but my screen goes gray when I zoom in, and there are weird, huge extension lines in the uppermost subdivision that I can't erase. It is also beyond slow, so I can't do anything at all with it. Can someone help me figure out what's up? I did an Audit and Purge and found nothing wrong. 

File is attached.

Thanks!

In addition to what Jeff asked, can you provide a screenshot showing these "weird, huge extension lines in the uppermost subdivision that [you] can't erase"?  It would be helpful to see them as they are on your screen.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 7
fireballjenn
in reply to: Jeff_M

C3D 2014. I don't think we have any service packs installed. I have been working in this file for weeks with no issues.

Message 5 of 7
Jeff_M

The files visual display style is set to Conceptual. Change this to 2dWireframe and all is good.

10-23-2014 9-49-55 AM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 7
fireballjenn
in reply to: doni49

I know this is a horrible picture, but I have circled the extension lines in yellow. 

Extension Lines.jpg

Message 7 of 7
fireballjenn
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thank you, Jeff! All better now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report