Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridors and Section Viewer Question

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
scott.clark
957 Views, 5 Replies

Corridors and Section Viewer Question

I am probably just missing something simple but I have created an assembly with the basicsideslopecutditch subassembly and I created a corridor using my alignment and profile information, in plan I can see that the corridor lines are showing daylights but when I look at the section viewer I cannot see my existing ground surface or my daylight subassembly. I can see the dots were the ditch or fill slope should be but the lines don't show up. Or the existing ground line.

I also get the error "no sideslope intersect found"  I searched that error and some say its because the surface doesn't go out far enough, which is not true in this case, I have lots of surface and I can see the daylight lines in the plan view of the corridor model.

Any help would be great.

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: scott.clark

what version of civil 3d are you using?

Message 3 of 6
sjg
Advisor

For the existing surface, check your surface style and make sure for the section view it is on.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 4 of 6
Mpendlebury

I seem to get random sections that won't display but if none of your sections are displaying.

For display check the following

under sufrace styles - Display - Sections makes sure that its on for the EGL

In your corridor section viewer check

• the visual style of the view port
  • The Default Code Set Style in view edit Corridor sections (then check the link styles the corridor is using under the section tab) Check the daylight link thats missing is that codeset link style.
  • Try Increasing the front and rear clipping boundary

If its not a display issue, double check your target surface for the corridor make sure the daylight isnt some fearture line left over from before. Audit purge, try changing the target see if its behaving how it should.

Hope it helps

Message 5 of 6
scott.clark
in reply to: Mpendlebury

Thanks all suggestions let to a solution to the problem... Thanks. Great to have this resourse.

Message 6 of 6
tweller

We had a similar problem that ended up being a layer issue.  The surface object was on one layer (that if I remember correctly was frozen or off) and the layer for the contour display in the surface style was fine which is what we kept checking.  Once we got the correct layer on everything was ok in the section viewer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report