Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

corridors and cross sections

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
trynders
292 Views, 3 Replies

corridors and cross sections

I have two assemblies.  One has a tree well and one does not.  My street in plan has tree wells for a set length and then no tree wells for a set length.  This occurs all up and down the street.  Do I need to have a corridor region start and end at the first tree well with assembly #1 and then a second corridor region start and end in between the tree well with assembly #2.  Then start again with a third region with assembly #1 and then a fouth region with assembly #2 and so on?  Or can I have the first region run the entire length and tell the second region the overrule the first at say station 10+00 - 10+20 and 11+00 to 11+20 and so on?

Thanks,

T

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
fcernst
in reply to: trynders

Try using one Assembly with a Conditional Offset Target with just one region to make the tree wells disappear and reappear as needed in procession down the corridor.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

To answer your question. No, you can't have one assembly run the entire length and then have an overlapping region.

You would have to break it apart as you stated. Now I'm sure there is a conditional property you can set or create some additional target alignments and such, but without knowing all the specifics, it is hard to help you out. If you could start by showing us what the two assemblies look like, we may be able to provide you more help.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I would use a conditional subassembly rather than lots of regions to simplify the corridor. Just make sure to add an additional station a couple hundredths of a foot before and after the tree well so that the normal terrace is modeled all the way to the tree well. Add a polyline along each tree well and add each polyline as a target in your corridor parameters for both the found and not found target of the conditional subassembly

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report